Monday, April 07, 2014

Camp Nanowrimo and Despair

So, I'm taking part in Camp Nanowrimo and it's not going well.

I lie.

It was going well until my weekend was shanghaied by family.  My mother came to visit, and NO WRITING WAS ACCOMPLISHED.

I tried.

I lack inspiration.  I really, really want to finish my trilogy.  Sadly, the characters are not speaking to me at the moment.  I honestly can't write at the moment.  After the weekend, I'm seriously in despair over my pathetic word count.



There is another story that's been pretty vocal lately.  I don't want to work on it because I want to finish the trilogy.  I would have to toss all of my notes and the outline for the trilogy and sort of start over seven days into Camp Nanowrimo.


It looks as though the second story won.  I entertained the thought for just a moment, and one of the characters threw an arm around me and crowed "We're going to have SO. MUCH. FUN!!!!"  I give up.



                         

No comments:

Post a Comment