Tuesday, April 15, 2014

Emma's Crazy Busy Life

People often ask why it takes me so long to update.  My friends....it is a struggle.  My life has changed since the day I could sit disengaged in a classroom, ignoring my professor ramble on in a class I had to take as a requirement, but felt it had no impact on my future (turns out I was right....).

So, Emma's day in "adulthood":

5:00 AM - Wake up thanks to three different alarms. Walk around room shutting off all three alarms, decide I am wake, and get ready to hit the gym.

5:10 AM - Head out the door with a granola bar and a water bottle to the gym.  Work out.

5:45 AM - 6:00 AM -Arrive home from gym and hit the shower.  Get ready for work.  Fight hair into a style and end up staring at a ponytail yet again.

6:30 AM - Second breakfast of real food.

7:00 AM - 7:15 AM - Hit the door to head to work.

7:20 AM - Drop the sister off at her office.  Head to my downtown parking space.

7:30 AM - Arrive at parking spot.  Walk to office (half a mile...nice little walk).

7:40 AM - Arrive at office.  Open, arrange check in materials, turn on lights, and dance in the deserted halls.  (I like to be the first person in the office.)  :)

7:50 AM - 8:20 AM - Greet fellow co-workers as they arrive.  Fend off several offers of coffee.

8:20 AM - 11:00 AM - Various tasks ranging from website coding to scheduling meetings.  I am a jill of all trades in my office.

11:00 AM - 11:10 AM - Walk the therapy dog.  She's super cute and very lovable.

11:10 AM - 12:00 PM - Seek nutrition during lunch hour.  Write on any number of projects or my fanfiction.

12:00 PM - 4:45 PM - More work-related activities.

4:46 PM - Say good-bye to coworkers and head out the door to the car.  Pick up my sister from her office at 5:15 PM.  Arrive home at 5:30 PM.

Depending on the day of the week, I usually leave the house again within an hour of arriving home for: dance, teaching, translation work, or volunteer work.

Most evenings, I can be found holed up with my laptop working on websites, stories, or engaging in Wizard 101 (my latest obsession....).

Hey, even fanfiction writers need to relax.  :)


No comments:

Post a Comment