Monday, March 24, 2014

I have survived....

My dance studio had a show in March.  I was a participant and discovered I have a little acting talent.  This is only my third show, so I'm constantly discovering new talents I didn't know I had.  I have discovered that I can make people laugh. For instance, my maid role in the Nutcracker stole alcohol at the party and got drunk...it was great and people came up to me after the show and told me I was hilarious.

This last role was a character role; I didn't dance, but I still had a lot of fun.  The only drawback to the whole thing is that I was sick throughout tech week and the show (and the week after, but who's counting?).  Really sick.  Running a fever sick.  As in I-had-to-miss-work sick.  I never miss work.  I only miss work when I have a migraine (which I get roughly every six-eight months), so taking two days off in a row is RARE.  Still, I needed the time off and recovered a lot faster, I think.

Here's a picture of me in my role.  You can't see my face, but it kind of drives home the awesome hat I got to wear.  Seriously.  It was the best hat ever.  The show was set in the 1930s, and I was supposed to be channeling Ginger Rogers with the tilted hat.  The number one reaction I got from other dancers was "You look like a mob boss wife in the Godfather!"  Hey, I'll take it.



Note the awesome hat.  I wanted to steal my entire costume (I didn't!); it was that awesome.  Here's another shot of the awesome hat.

Look at those acting abilities!  I look like the concerned mother I'm supposed to be. I hope you all enjoy the pictures.  I know I enjoyed being in the show and doing something a little out of the ordinary (even with a fever over 100 and doped up on cold medicine because I didn't have an understudy).


Now that the show is over, I'm able to return to my normal life of dance, writing, and work.  Oh, and Camp Nanowrimo is coming up.  :)  Just in time for me really to focus on my writing.  Woot!

No comments:

Post a Comment