Friday, May 30, 2014

Panic Attacks

Anyone else deal with panic attacks?

I had one at work yesterday, and it was not a pleasant experience.  My panic attacks are definitely attacks.  Some people I've talked to describe panic attacks as creeping up on you and then you have the attack.  Mine are never like that.  Mine are more like a bus hitting me.  They are sudden and violent, and leave me remarkably shaken.


The attacks have been pretty intense lately and I decided that rather than suffer, I was going to be proactive and go back to therapy to try and get them under control. After my first session last night, it appears that I am also experiencing depressive symptoms.




  All the same, I've had great experience at this place before, and I am confident that things will get better with treatment.  So far, it's just been "get to know you" questions, but it was a pleasant session otherwise.  We'll work out the treatment plan together and hopefully that will help keep things under control.  It felt a little odd leaving last night without anything in place, but I must continue to remind myself that anything worth doing takes time (HINT HINT - readers asking for updates:  I AM WRITING.  I PROMISE!!!).

Leaving a therapy sessions is always fun.  The therapist usually says something like "Have a good week!" or some other cheery form of farewell, but I usually hear this in my head:





So, dear readers...SURVIVE. 

No comments:

Post a Comment