Monday, March 24, 2008

Books on Emma's Shelf

A few people have asked me about what I read. Here's a few things currently holding a place on one of my four bookshelves. In no particular order:

Sherlock Holmes (the entire collection) by Sir Arthur Conan Doyle

Ishmael by Quinn

Jane Eyre by Bronte

Oliver Twist by Dickens

The Jungle by Sinclair

The Prince by Machiavelli

The World's Religions by Smith

Invisible Man by Ellison

The Lord of the Rings by Tolkien

and Harry Potter! (Of course!)

4 comments:

  1. Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Celular, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://telefone-celular-brasil.blogspot.com. A hug.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I dread what it's going to be like packing up all my books this summer when I move to my new location for my new school.

    Grad school is still eating my soul. I'm working on my thesis right now. (Well, I'm *supposed* to be.. Writers block on your thesis.. Not a good thing.)

    You mentioned wanting to try the real world before attempting grad school.. See, I'm an academic at heart, so a university campus *is* my real world. This is what I want to keep doing.

    Yes, I am insane.

    How are things coming with finishing up your degree? You graduate this month, correct?

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Done! Done! Done! I am finished! Woot! I graduate this Sunday. I am sooo excited. And nervous about what I'm going to do after I graduate.

    My thesis came to a respectable seventeen pages in German, and my independent study to twenty-eight. I am never writing another paper again. I say that now, but I know I will.

    ReplyDelete