Wednesday, November 19, 2014

Nanowrimo is dead....long live Nanowrimo!

Hello dear readers!

Emma has been a busy girl lately, and I am sorry to say that ALL writing has taken a back seat to recent events.

First, there is a full time job at which I spend roughly forty hours per week, followed closely by my second "job" at the dance studio.  I don't get paid except through free dance lessons, but I've finally decided to get my teacher certification for both early childhood dance programs at my studio.  The certification won't happen until the summer, so I have some time before I have to go through training.

I am also taking a college class this semester.  After I walked at graduation and received my little envelope that was supposed to contain my diploma, I discovered my envelope contained a notice that I hadn't met requirements.  So now I am taking the last two courses to finish my requirements.  I'm taking   Why they couldn't have told me that BEFORE graduation remains a mystery.  I didn't realize how much time a simple course would take.  There is a lot of busy work assignments and I can understand the reason behind them, but I seriously don't need to list my thesis, block out my paragraphs, and explain the reason I chose to structure my essay that way.  I've written papers of about thirty pages.  I can handle five without having to break it down.

Therapy is going well, and we're talking about how to wrap it up.  My therapist is concerned that I'm reaching burnout (not sure how it happened.....but I managed to over schedule myself again).  I think it's because I didn't realize how much time my college class would take.

Needless to say, something had to go.  Nanowrimo ended up being the thing on the chopping block.  Nanowrimo takes a ton of time, especially when I did almost no preparation because lack of time.  That's right - it's pantsing.  I'm not sure where the term came from, but it means to undertake a Nanowrimo project without any preparation.  It's HARD.

Well, dear readers, here's hoping that the upcoming holiday (and break from dance!!) means I'll get a little rest, and a little time to focus on writing!


No comments:

Post a Comment