Wednesday, August 27, 2014

Emma is back in school!

Hello, dear readers!

Yes, the title is true.  I am back in school!  When I "graduated" in 2008, I did walk in the graduation ceremonies.  I remember my feet hurt and no one knew the words to the school song, but we all knew the words to "Country Roads."  There was even a girl sitting behind me questioning why we weren't singing "Country Roads" and that she didn't know the words to the other one (I had never heard it before graduation, either.).

It was only after graduation that I found out that I did not complete all requirements.  Nice little graduation present there.  There I am, surrounding by family, my feet blistering in my shoes, and a nice little note in the envelope that was supposed to hold my diploma:  "You have not completed the required coursework..."

I was livid.

I took this class in high school, but the credits were lost in translation somewhere along the way between transfers.  I did not know this, and neither of my advisors (yes, I had TWO) caught this.  Neither did I.  I thought everything was finished and I was going to leave with my diploma and student debt in tow behind me while I went off in the adult world.

Some of that happened.  I did leave school behind, and I took my student debt with me, but no diploma.  One class short.  Luckily, this semester, I was able to enroll in that class so that I can finish my degree.  Woot woot.

My first paper is three pages long.  Three pages.  The last paper I wrote was thirty pages long.  I have a feeling that this class is going to go well.  And it's online!  I didn't have to change my work schedule at all to take this class!  It's pretty awesome.  :)

Now I just need to figure out my first paper topic....

No comments:

Post a Comment