Sunday, May 18, 2008

Panic!

The reality of graduating has set in: I don't know what I'm going to do with the rest of my life! Everyone keeps asking me "What are you going to do now?" What do I tell them? I usually grimace with a self-deprecating smile and say "I'm still looking for something."

Honestly, how long does it usually take someone to find something directly after graduation? I don't need THE JOB, but just a job that will pay my rent. That's all I care about! Rent paid, car insurance paid, bills paid. End of story. Why does everyone seem to think that someone with a degree is too good to work for them? I'm entry-level. Be kind.

It's really late, and I have a lot of family coming in tomorrow. My best friend in the whole wide world is here tonight, and we stayed up talking just like we used to do when we were roommates. We plot our takeover of the world, plan our futures, and ponder why the rum is gone. Seriously. We ponder where the rum has gone. Must go to bed. The alarm is going off early tomorrow.

1 comment:

  1. The question is what do you like to do. If you can find a job even if it is entry level that could lead to what you enjoy doing that is a step in the right direction. I have been out of school for a while and I have worked for 5 different companies but I have been doing what I enjoy (computers). I am still not sure where I want to eventually end up.

    ReplyDelete